The company was founded by Dr. Alfons Knauf in Perl/Moselle in 1932.. His idea: To produce a high strength gypsum fibre board. In 1957, Knauf registered the patent for the production of his "Gyflex" gypsum fibre board. With the start of the raised access floor business, the first large-scale projects were implemented in 1977. Two years later, Knauf Gips KG was founded in Satteldorf. This was renamed as Knauf Integral KG in 2003. Since 2004, manager Peter Fischer has been responsible for the strategic development and the national and international expansion of the company.
With continual innovations and the further development of products and systems, Knauf Integral has set the course for construction with pioneering gypsum fibre technology. The very latest production technology and our team's know-how have brought us to where we are today: at the very top - throughout Europe.